Our Honors College students benefit from small classes, leadership development and community-building opportunities. Your gifts will be used to help them realize their potential while making a difference in our community, our state and the world. Within the Honors College, there are three offices that also support student achievement.
The Undergraduate Research Office offers unparalleled opportunities to all students to create knowledge under the mentorship of renowned faculty.
The ASPIRE Office provides support for students who want to apply for graduate school and/or nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships such as Rhodes, Fulbright, Goldwater, and Truman.
The Pre-Health Professional Development Office allows for rigorous preparation for students who plan to apply to medical, dental, or other professional schools.
How you can help
We encourage you to support the Mountaineer spirit by giving to one of the listed priority funds. With the ever-increasing need for scholarship assistance to help reduce student loan debt, a gift to any scholarship fund in the Honors College is greatly appreciated.
University Honors Program Fund – 2V153:
- Provides opportunities for academic exploration and experiential learning activities, including further development through living and learning communities.
- Gives assistance to students to allow them broader access to recruitment, networking and professional preparation opportunities on and off campus.
- Helps students take advantage of shadowing, research and internship opportunities that enhance their applications to health professional schools.
- Supports tools for research, travel expenses and conference fees to support undergraduate presentations, costs associated with research publication and activities of the office to promote undergraduate presentation opportunities.
William and Karen Collins Experiential Learning Endowment Scholarship – 3V390
Endowed by the former Director of the WVU Honors Program. It provides funds to support students in experiential learning opportunities in the upper division of the WVU Honors College to include:
- Study abroad assistance
- Research opportunities, including funding for research supplies and travel to conferences
Irvin Stewart Memorial Fund – 3S226
Assists student support for applying for nationally competitive scholarships or fellowships. These activities may include travel costs to scholarship interviews, supplemental funding for study abroad awards, and research projects developments.