Your support is critical to help WVU Extension go above and go beyond. We rely on passionate, loyal and caring members of the Mountaineer family, like you, to provide important opportunities that improve the lives and livelihoods of West Virginians in all 55 counties. From our flagship 4-H youth development program and state-wide safety and health training to agritourism and community economic development (and everything in between), our faculty agents and employees have a presence in every county, bringing research-based knowledge to our state.
Your support empowers the WVU Extension to create incredible opportunities, including …
- Greatest Needs – Supports our ability to respond to unforeseen opportunities and challenges for West Virginians of all stages of life.
- WVU Jackson’s Mill – The over 100-year-old special mission campus represents the historic site of the first statewide 4-H camp in the nation. Today, The Mill continues to serve youth throughout the state with hands-on outdoor, history, and STEAM education. We are currently completing a major overhaul of the water and sewer system to ensure future generations can experience all The Mill has to offer. The location also serves as the home of the West Virginia Fire Academy, a one-of-a-kind training facility for volunteer and professional firefighters from around the state and across the country.
- County Programs – All 55 counties have access to funds at the WVU Foundation, so money gets to every valley and on every mountaintop to support programs in our communities. Harrison, Mineral, and Pocahontas counties have special giving challenges that will be held for the Day of Giving! Choose your county in the drop-down menu list or write the name in the comments.
- WVU Safety & Health Extension Training – Providing high quality occupational safety and health training to workers, supervisors, owners, safety and health practitioners, student and volunteer groups for nearly three decades now, WVU Safety and Health Extension (S&HE) needs your support. S&HE is building a new training center on WVU’s main campus to provide easier access and you can help with a donation on the Day of Giving.
- 4-H Camping Scholarships – With the price of camps increasing nationwide, your support will help take the financial burden off families. Help provide access to youth throughout the state by participating in this challenge on the Day of Giving!
- My Hometown is Cool – Provides youths with opportunities to learn about community development and how their ideas, creativity, and commitment can help drive change.
- 4-H Statewide Camps – With the price of camps increasing nationwide, your support will help take the financial burden off families. Help provide access to youth throughout the state by participating in this challenge on the Day of Giving!
- Energy Express – Maintains and improves literacy levels while providing nourishing meals to thousands of youths in rural and low-income West Virginia communities during the six-week program.
- Center for Community Engagement – The CCE aims to leverage university knowledge and resources to support effective partnerships with communities that enhance discovery through community-engaged teaching, scholarship, and action. From curricular learning (service learning) to co-curricular activities (volunteerism) the staff at the CCE provides support and guidance that will maximize the civic experience and teach diverse undergraduate, graduate, and professional students to become engaged citizens, leaders, and scholars.
- Youth in Agriculture – It’s more than just livestock, horticulture, and land judging. Our youth agriculture programs promote responsibility, teamwork, and overall youth development while cultivating a future in agriculture.
When you make a gift—no matter the size—you help make an immediate impact for WVU Extension. Your spirited generosity and devotion to West Virginia is greatly appreciated.