Why we need your support
When you give to the WVU Alumni Association, you make it possible to offer internships and career development, provide scholarships to underrepresented students and promote outreach by connecting alumni and friends around the globe. It's all about Mountaineers helping Mountaineers. Your generous gift has an immeasurable impact on students and fellow alumni.
How you can help
The WVU Alumni Association strives to maintain a connection with more than 200,000 alumni worldwide and provide a home-away-from-home for our alumni and friends at the Erickson Alumni Center.
Money raised through our Greatest Needs Fund will support:
- Internships and Career Development
- Every year, the Alumni Association employs a team of interns who work side-by-side with our staff, receiving hands-on experience in their respective fields. Current interns are studying business, marketing, political science and graphic design.
- Engagement with Alumni and Friends
- Connecting alumni and friends across the country, the Alumni Association supports more than 75 chapters and interest groups that gather regularly to volunteer, cheer on the Mountaineers, recruit prospective students and fundraise for student scholarships.
- Mentoring and Career Services
- The Alumni Association offers an official mentoring program that connects alumni to colleagues and students. The program, which has a global reach, features a place to share job postings, seek/offer mentorship and search to find classmates and groups, facilitating connection based upon interests.
Alumni Travel Outreach Fund
- Striving to keep alumni connected and informed, the Alumni Association maintains initiatives to share important updates from our alma mater. Your support helps to ensure the continuous production of the newly redesigned WVU Alumni Newsletter, monthly Alumni Spotlight videos, the WVU Alumni App for smartphones and the WVU Magazine.
Erickson Alumni Center Building Fund
- The Erickson Alumni Center is celebrating 10 years of being home to all WVU Alumni. Funds donated to the Erickson Alumni Center Building Fund will be used to support capital improvements, technology upgrades, maintenance of the Alumni Center, as well as future Alumni Association projects and programs.