Why we need your support
When you give to the WVU Alumni Association, you make it possible to offer internships and career development, provide scholarships to underrepresented students and promote outreach by connecting alumni and friends around the globe. It's all about Mountaineers helping Mountaineers. Your generous gift has an immeasurable impact on students and fellow alumni.
How you can help
The WVU Alumni Association strives to maintain a connection with more than 200,000 alumni worldwide and provide a home-away-from-home for our alumni and friends at The Erickson Alumni Center. Our mission is to provide lifelong support to all those who have a special place in their heart for West Virginia University.
Money raised through our Greatest Needs Fund will support:
- Internships and Career Development
- Every year, the Alumni Association employs a team of interns who work side-by-side with our staff, receiving hands-on experience in their respective fields. Your gift directly helps current students prepare for the workforce.
- Engagement with Alumni and Friends
- Connecting alumni and friends across the country, the Alumni Association supports more than 75 chapters and interest groups that gather regularly to volunteer, cheer on the Mountaineers, recruit prospective students and fundraise for student scholarships.
- Mentoring and Career Services
- The Alumni Association offers a mentoring program that connects alumni to colleagues and students, as well as a business networking program called the Mountaineer Alliance. Both of these programs utilize the WVU Connect platform to connect Mountaineers helping Mountaineers.
Alumni Travel Outreach Fund
- Striving to keep alumni connected and informed, the Alumni Association maintains initiatives to share important updates from our alma mater. Your support helps to ensure the continuous production of the WVU Alumni Newsletter, monthly Alumni Spotlight videos, WVU Alumni podcast, the WVU Alumni App for smartphones and the WVU Magazine.
Erickson Alumni Center Building Fund
- The Erickson Alumni Center is the home away from home for all WVU Alumni, friends and family. Gifts to The Erickson Alumni Center Building Fund will be used to support capital improvements, technology upgrades, and maintenance of the Alumni Center, as well as future Alumni Association projects and programs.